Last updated byat .
Tag Archives: photography
Both ladies did very well and the contest ran so CLOSE! It was so much fun to see the enthusiasm these girls had! I am proud to announce that the model for 2013 is *drumroll*
Heather, we’ll be setting up a coffee date soon to start lining out the details of our year together!
Susan, I want to say thank you, you did an excellent job and your photos were beautiful. I’ll be contacting you to let you know your runners up prizes!!
Thank you so much to everyone who participated in the contest, I know the girls had a blast with it as did I!
Wow! We had an amazing response to our contest! I will say it was SO hard narrowing it down to just THREE semi-finalists. There were lots of touching stories on why you girls want to be the next face of Cass Martinez Photography! We have narrowed it down to 3 gals…They are Rita Fortner, Susan Maloney, and Heather Ratzlaff! Congratulations girls! I will be contacting you all to set up your 30 minute mini sessions! Can’t wait to work with you all!!!
Entered but didn’t get chosen? No worries! Everyone is a winner! Book a session and receive a complimentary metal print (these are AWESOME!) with your session!!!
Alright ladies now is your chance… and before you get all shy and bashful, just note that you don’t have to be a size two to rock the boudoir world. In my world everyone is sexy and gorgeous, so take a deep breath and give it a shot(even if you’re not chosen you’ll get a sweet little gift just for being brave enough to try). 😉
Without further adieu…
So here’s a little more info and a recap of the details:
- You MUST be at least 18 years of age.
- There is no cash value for any prizes awarded.
- You MUST be willing to sign a model release to use your images online, in print and in promotions.
- You will NOT be asked to shoot nudes, it’s about your comfort level and we will NEVER cross that line.
- You absolutely, positively must be able to show up for the test shoot if chosen. No exceptions.
- Past clients are more than welcome to enter, why the heck not, right!?
- The three sessions will take place throughout the year and we will of course, work around your schedule. Please do not enter if you are hesitant about this or know you will not be available to do three shoots during the 2013 calendar year.
- Any referral credits you earn can go towards purchases you would like to make of images from your sessions or towards your own custom session at full price.
- Voting will take place online. I am still looking for a blog poll option but I want something that restricts multiple votes from one person.
- You do not have to lose “that last 10-20lbs” to look fabulous… trust me, you look gorgeous just the way you are, right now!
- I reserve the right to veto votes, and if need be, cancel the contest or void the chosen winner if circumstances change. But we don’t want to do anything negative so let’s keep this clean, fun and drama free ladies!
- Feel free to share this with anyone you think might make the perfect model… mother, daughter, sister, friend…
- Send an email the includes one head shot and one full body shot, your name, and phone number and why you would make the perfect Coterie Girl to: firstname.lastname@example.org. FB entries will not be accepted.
*** The question about what type of images are needed for submitting has been brought up. The answer is any sort of image that let’s me see what you look like, I don’t care if you have makeup on or not, are standing with your ex and his pet turtle, or wearing clown shoes. I just need to see what you look like, just an idea. Why does it not matter if it’s an awesome shot of yourself? Because ladies, I am going to take your picture and create gorgeous shots for the voting process. seriously all I need to see is facial features and body type. Easy peasy!
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to ask them here on this blog post comments section.. I will respond here so that others who might have that same question can see the response also.
I am so excited about this and hope we receive lots of entries!
Good luck everyone!!
I figured I should start this blog off with telling you WHY I am a photographer. Here’s my journey in a nutshell.
I’ve had a love for photography ever since my Aunt Barbara bought me a Polalroid camera when I was a teenager. I absolutely LOVED that camera! I took pictures of myself, my family and my friends. One of my favorite photos of myself from my teenage years is an old Polaroid.
Life kept going and I got married at a young age, had children then got divorced. During this time I did a lot of photography of my son, it was just him and I now and he was my world I also started learning Photoshop with the help of a friend. I was working full time at a very demanding but rewarding job to support myself and my son. I eventually met the man of my dreams who also happens to be the best husband ever. Life was good!
After a couple of years of marriage I decided I wanted to have a photography business “on the side”. I wanted to photograph children and families. I got an awesome camera and started learning it and started researching everything I could about photography. During this research I kept being drawn to Boudoir Photography and I decided to message several of my local friends on Facebook and explained that I was wanting to try to do a Boudoir shoot but that I’d never done it before and would like a model. I got a response!!! One friend wanted to do a shoot and another friend volunteered to do hair and makeup for me. I rigged up some lighting, setup MY bedroom and got everything ready for the shoot. My friend arrived and while she was getting her hair and makeup done she told me she didn’t feel pretty anymore. She had gotten pregnant and married age a very young age and she felt like that stole her beauty from her. I won’t go into details but she had very low self esteem and it made me so sad. We started the session and I started capturing some beautiful images. I showed her one on the back of my camera, I could not believe how much she lit up! She became confident and was just beaming. From that point on I knew making women feel beautiful and showing them their true beauty was what I wanted to do.
I did these Boudoir sessions at night and on weekends and got pretty busy. I wanted to do this full time but couldn’t quite take the leap and leave my secure, full time job. My husband and I took a vacation to Jacksonville Fl the summer of 2011 and loved it, we knew one day we wanted to live there. A year later we took the leap, quit the jobs we’d had for years and made the move.
I now photograph women full time. I shoot Beauty, Glamour and Boudoir photography and enjoy every single minute of it.